Final Random Inspection
Final Random Inspection (FRI) is an on-site Product Inspection that monitors the conformity of production to your specifications.
Final Random Inspections (FRI) are by far the most popular tool for securing supply chain quality control for consumer goods. FRI normally takes place once 80% of the goods are available. The final result of an inspection usually triggers the shipment and the payment. The accuracy and reliability of your inspection report are crucial in order to take appropriate decisions regarding your products.
Based on the Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) tables, a random sampling of the goods subject to inspection is determined in order to statistically infer the quality of the lot. In most of cases FRIs evaluate three main aspects of product quality:
Conducted when 100 per cent of your goods are produced and at least 80 per cent are packed and ready for dispatch, final random inspections are a range of visual tests that cover:
Quality (appearance, performance, and workmanship)
- Shipping marks to achieve regulatory compliance (for example bar code checks)
- Drop checks
If these conditions are respected, the factory cannot hide defective goods in a back room. So timing is of prime importance when it comes to final checking. I drew a little sketch to represent the key dates to watch closely:
A final random inspection usually takes place in the factory, rather than in the forwarder’s warehouse (or nothing can be repaired). So it is performed before the goods are sent out of the factory.
- Verify your goods before they are shipped
- Approve final payment in confidence
- Refuse the order if it does not meet your requirements
Container Loading Supervision
The Container Loading Supervision (CLS) will take place right before the vendor is supposed to load the products for shipment; it is aimed to supervise the loading process. This Container Loading Supervision in Bangladesh or anywhere in IES takes place at the factory. It can also be performed at your forwarder’s premises.
Container Loading Supervision (LS) checks that your order is both complete and securely loaded into its container before shipment. This inspection ensures that the goods delivered by the factory are compliant with your requirements in terms of quantity, assortment, and packaging.
A container loading inspection also ensures that the export cartons are securely loaded into the container, and that the container is in good condition (clean, dry, damage and odor free).
Quantity check, packing list check, the container conditions, the loading process (cartons conditions, filling-up level etc), a quick look at the packaging & packing of your products.
If you need extensive Quality Control checks on product specifications based on AQL standards, you could also request to perform a standard inspection, such as a Pre-shipment inspection or During production inspection.
All of IES’s inspectors are fully trained not only to supervise but to closely monitor the loading process. Before shipping they check the:
- Quality and condition of your goods.
- Quality and condition of packaging
- Adherence to correct goods handling procedures
- Condition of the container your goods are being transported in, including safety and cleanliness
- Correct loading of your goods and also verify all documentation
Benefit of Final Random Inspection
As your products will travel for days or weeks to reach the final destination, a Container Loading Supervision in Bangladesh and IES will secure your goods are loaded and packed efficiently and that products are not damaged during the shipment.
We provide the status of the container itself.
- The right goods, no replacement of products possible.
- The quantity of boxes is exact.
- The loading will be done with care (limitation of broken goods due to loading).
- The inspector will call the office so that you get immediate feedback.
If you read your e-mails quickly and if you have instructed your vendor to wait for your green light before shipping, you have a chance of stopping disasters.
- The container is forwarded to your company.
- We note whether a seal is affixed on the container.
- We perform a final check on packing.